Criteria for Admission to Skyland Trail
Clients are admitted to Skyland Trail voluntarily on referral from a mental health professional or organization. We also welcome self and family referrals. Our staff is readily available to answer your questions about how Skyland Trail can help you, your patient or your loved one.
In addition to the applicant's commitment to participate positively and fully in treatment, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- Age 18 or older
- Willing to take prescribed medication
- Primary diagnosis may be one of the following:
Skyland Trail is a voluntary, unlocked facility, and our clients must be willing and able to participate in group activities. Skyland Trail does not accept applicants with one or more of the following diagnoses or symptoms:
- Significant cognitive impairment (Alzheimer's, dementia, mental retardation, organic disorder)
- A primary diagnosis of substance abuse, eating disorder or personality disorder
- Substance abuse requiring medical detoxification
- Current suicidal or homicidal behavior
- Recent or ongoing violent behavior
- Eating disorder requiring medical attention
Please note that Skyland Trail does not accept Medicare or Medicaid.
View estimated program costs >