2018 Journeys Magazine
December 04, 2018
ATLANTA - Skyland Trail recently released the 2018 issue of Journeys Magazine. Journeys magazine shares stories of Skyland Trail clients, donors, and other stakeholders.
The 2018 issue features:
- Chad's Story: Learning to live in the moment. Chad had struggled with depression and anxiety for many years and found help through the Skyland Trail Day Treatment program and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). Read article >
- High Achievers with High Anxiety. A discussion of diagnosing and treatment anxiety disorders among high achievers by Dr. Raymond J. Kotwicki, Charles B. West Chief Medical Officer. Read article >
- From first steps to the next milestone. Victor B. shares words of hope with his peers as he graduates from intensive services at Skyland Trail, and graduate Tara B., shares words of wisdom four years after completing treatment. Read article >
- Grateful Family: The Gift of a Future. James and Beth S. describe how Skyland Trail gave them "the opportunity for a future with our daughter" and talk about their commitment to giving back to help other families. Read article >
- The Search for Healing and Recovery. Susan B. recalls how Skyland Trail helped her granddaughter "not just exist, but be the vibrant, driven, successful and loving soul she have been in the past," and pledges to help other families in recovery by supporting the financial aid program. Read article >
- Giving Inspired by Friends and Motivated by Family. Mary and John Brock discuss why they include mental health and Skyland Trail in their charitable giving and why they are funding the Sports Pavilion at the new Skyland Trail adolescent campus opening fall 2019. Read article >
The 2018 issue also provide details on the new adolescent campus and treatment program for teens ages 14 to 17 scheduled to open in fall 2019. A groundbreaking ceremony took place in March 2018, and construction has begun on the adolescent campus, which will comprise a 30,000 sq. ft. treatment facility, a residential hall, and therapeutic outdoor spaces.
An overview of Skyland Trail's fundraising events completes the publication, recognizing the many volunteer leaders, donors, and corporate sponsors who support events like Benefits of Laughter, the Associates Spring Luncheon and Fashion Show, and Southern Shindig. Proceeds from these events support important therapeutic services, family support services, and financial aid scholarships for clients and families.
Read Journeys 2018