Raymond J. Kotwicki, MD, MPH
Chris Cline, LCSW
Ben Hunter, MD
Adam Meadows, MD
Kimberly Venable, MD
Carlyle Bruce, PhD
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss evidence-based treatments of co-occurring anxiety and substance use disorders.
- Consider the various complexities of the differential diagnosis of disorders such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Describe somatic symptom disorders and differentiate from anxiety disorders.
- Recognize that there are many co-occurring physical health conditions that often accompany anxiety disorders and that call for integrated treatment approaches.
- Compare and contrast the effective use of behavioral interventions such as group work, bio-feedback and exposure and response prevention.
- Describe the application of biofeedback treatment for the treatment of anxiety disorders.
Skyland Trail’s 2nd annual Clinical Excellence Symposium will focus on the topic of anxiety disorders. Our Clinical Team will present on various aspects of anxiety disorders and evidence-based treatments for these disorders including:
- The epidemiology and the etiology of anxiety disorders
- The differential diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder from other disorders such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Co-occurring anxiety and substance use disorders
- Understanding Somatic Symptom Disorders and their relation to Anxiety Disorders
- Co-occurring physical conditions and integrated treatment
- Behavioral interventions: Cognitive-Behavioral treatment, Group work, Family Therapy, Exposure and Response Prevention treatment
- Biofeedback treatment of anxiety disorders
6 core hours
Approved by LPCA-GA & GSCSW. Application to GAMFT. Pending GPA approval.
$80, lunch is provided
Please note that registration fees for Skyland Trail professional workshops are nonrefundable.
- August 2, 2019
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The Dorothy C. Fuqua Center includes the Goodman Training Center where we host community and professional education activities.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
1961 North Druid Hills RD NE
Atlanta (Brookhaven), GA 30329