Residential Mental Health Treatment Programs for Adults and Adolescents
Residential treatment usually is the best level of care for individuals leaving a hospital or locked psychiatric acute care facility. Licensed nurses and residential staff are onsite 24 hours a day.
What is a residential treatment program?
Mental health residential treatment programs give clients the time, space, and support they need to recover from an episode of mental illness. Clients learn how to manage their diagnoses and acquire skills needed to stay healthy.
Unlike a hospital, all of our residential communities in Atlanta, Georgia, are unlocked, voluntary facilities surrounded by gardens. Clients enjoy private bedrooms and bathrooms and participate in social activities on campus and out in the community. All of our residential facilities are licensed by the State of Georgia and accredited by The Joint Commission.
COVID-19 PROGRAM UPDATE
Please see our Covid-19 Information page for more information.
All adult and adolescent clients must be fully vaccinated prior to the day of admission.
A “fully vaccinated” person must meet one of the following criteria:
- An adult 18+ who has received at least three doses of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine (in any combination)
- An adult 18+ who has received two doses of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and their second dose was received more than 14 days ago and less than 5 months ago
- An adult 18+ who has received one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine and a second dose of any FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson)
- An adult 18+ who has received one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine more than 14 days ago and less than two months ago
- An adolescent age 14-17 who has received three doses of the Pfizer vaccine
- An adolescent age 14-17 who has received two doses of Pfizer vaccine and their second dose was received more than 14 days ago and less than 5 months ago
A Covid-19 screening is administered on the day of admission. Depending on the results of the screening, a negative Covid-19 antigen test may be required. Please see our Covid-19 Information page for more information.
Masks are required while indoors in any space occupied by more than one person. Off-campus passes are not permitted. All visitors must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (including booster vaccines if eligible) and provide proof of vaccination.